What do you do when someone or something gets you so mad that you lose your temper or your self control? And what happens when you can't get over your anger?
Our "CHOICES" group will help you learn and choose options that allow you to keep your personal power, control and freedom. Did you know that your happiness is determined by your reaction to your environment? There is a space between feeling anger and your reaction to it. Let us help you fill that space with "CHOICES". Once you know that you have choices, you will become responsible for your own destiny.
The East Hartford Department of Youth Services is offering a FREE, weekly, 75 minute "Anger Management" group session to middle and high school youth. The sessions are facilitated by two professionals therapists but inspired by fellow teens. Classes will meet on Tuesday evenings between 6:30pm and 7:45pm at the Youth Services office. Please call the office to register for the class.
Youth may participate by the following referral sources:
- Youth Services Clinical Staff
- East Hartford Public Schools
- Teen Task Force / Service Assessment Team
- Juvenile Review Board
- Court mandate for Anger Management course
- Division of Children & Families (DCF)
- Office of Juvenile or Adult Probation
- By a concerned parent or guardian
- By the youth ... yes, you can reach out to help yourself!
Registration is required. Please contact the Coordinator of Counseling Services at (860) 291-7179.