The Risk Manager administers a comprehensive program to protect the Town and Board of Education against a variety of risks. Included in this program is claim administration, safety awareness and financial planning including self-insurance funding for health benefits, Workers' Compensation and property liability exposures.
The main goal of risk management is to reduce the cost of risk to the Town/Board of Education by applying a management process of risk identification and measurement and by using a combination of risk financing techniques that will protect all assets. Assets include the entire workforce, property, and financial integrity of the Town and Board of Education. Reduced cost of risk will increase funds available for more productive usage.
This goal will be met by maintaining the integrity of the existing risk management programs and by developing new programs. Existing risk management programs that will continue are as follows:
• seven departmental safety committees and one executive safety committee.
• chair, monitor and plan activities for the Employee Assistance Program and the Employee Wellness Program.
• continue employee incentive programs such as the hazard observation program, fleet management program and wellness programs.
• manage all self-funded programs (health benefits, workers' compensation and AL/GL).
• New Programs will include the expansion of employee wellness initiatives.